CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Teenage Love Triangle.......

UGH! I don't think that I am ready for this teenage love shit..... Plus my oldest isn't a teenager yet..there for I shouldn't have to deal with it yet....
BUT guess what???!! I am dealing with it in full force....

A year and a half ago when we moved to Manti, Riley had all of the attention of all the lil boys her age and one older (but we won't go there). She was bringing home tons of love letters from these sweet lil Mormon boys...haha She finally settled on one lil boy named Austin...Who is really cute..... but a lil shit.

Anyway, this isn't about Austin. Although he has been Riely's "boyfirend" about a hundred different times since we have moved here. This is about the first friend that Riley ever made here.. His name is Kyle.

Kyle lives across the street. I guess a few days ago he gave Riley a letter declaring his "likeness" for her and asks her to "go with" him. Riley has a another "boyfriend" and she tells Kyle that if Nick doesn't "love" her anymore she'll be his girlfriend..... ::::::deep breathing::::::
Anyway, out of the blue Nick appears back in Riley's life. They havne't talked all summer..... but he is back and Riley tells Kyle in a note.....
"Sorry he loves me...you like me" Now Kyle is pissed and hates Riley @@

So, Kyle sends Riley a note today that says I don't forgive you now...maybe I will one day.... Wah f****** wah..... They are 11. Anyway, Riley writes this note back to Kyle that says "Maybe I will be yours one day" :::gags::: (Chloe has been delivery girl all day) I made Riley tear it up and told her to tell Kyle that he was her first friend in Manti and that her mom says that she is too young for a boyfriend...... We haven't got a reply from him yet....haha

But when I told her that she was to young for a boyfriend she back fires..... "How old were you?" ughhhhhhhhhhhh I know that I was about her age..... But dang it things were different back then (I think). But put age a side.... She is my daughter...if my dad wasn't paying attention to what I was up to that is his problem...... Harsh I know. But I have 4 girls and I am always worreid about them.... But Riley really hasn't ever been without a "boyfriend" since, oh kindergarten....... I explained to her that I don't want her to be the kind of girl that always has to have a boyfriend, of the kind of girl that always has the same boyfriend. I wnat her to date different boys when she is old enough and not the same one all through high school....and then marries himadn decides after 5 years of marriage and 2 babies later that she is bored with him and wants something different.

I told her that if she just concentrates on growing up to be a good person and focuses on school and her friends then her memories of high school will be much more fullfilling....instead of all of her memories involving the same boy over and over.

Then we had the talk that boys get to an age where they will tell a girl anything so girls will sleep with them. She had no idea that this can happen...haha You should have seen her face..... then she tells me "Mom I'm not like that" I know she's not... I just want her to be smart and know that not all boys are honest when it comes to the things that they say.

UGH! Why is it so hard being a parent????? I feel so unprepared for this. I hope that I am doing all of this right.... I always wonder what my mom would have said to me...... She never had to worry about it when she was alive..... So, I'm doing this blindly. And praying that I am doing it right. She said that she understands what I'm getting at.... I hope that she really does..... I really hope that it gets easier with each girl...haha ::::overdoses on prozac::::
And lil Kyle and Riley need to understand that heart break is part of growing up and getting smarter..... Hopefully they realize that they are to young to be so wrapped up in love and it's evil ways....haha ::::::big exhale:::::

Anyway, all of this is coming at perfect time....... What timeis that,you say???
The time for NICKELBACK!!!!! It's this Friday.... LAalalalalalalalalalala
I really need to break away from kids for a few days... I'm so excited..... Hell I think that I'd even be excited if I wasn't going to the concert...haha


Anyway, I'm going to go break open a bottle of something strong...haha
Toodles.

2 comments:

M said...

great, thanks for giving me a look into my future and georgie is only 8 months.Hamish said he's going to have to buy a shot gun and sit on the porch and scare boys away.

your doing WONDERFUl by the way,my mom never had anytalks with me so the act that at age 11 your even talking with her shows just how much you care and are focused in on your childs life..now if you can stop listening to such crap music....

Anonymous said...

Lanie, you are doing everything right... Parents need to be open and honest with their children at all times...now that she is interested in boys is the perfect time to tell her what you told her. If you didn't do it now....it could have been to late when she got older.

You are an awesome Mom... and I bet that your Mom is damn proud of you....looking down and saying that's my baby girl. Riley is a great kid... and if I had a girl I would want her to be like Riley...but not so girly girl :)