CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I gots ta vent!!!!!

Sooooo, I complained about Chloe's major science project that is due today (yes it's done). But what the FUCK! I am so irritated with this whole junior genius ordeal. She is in 3rd grade and they want her to read 6 books....4 magazines and 2 encyclopdeia's ...she's 8. Not a college student for cryin' out loud...Not only does she have to do all of that....she (I) had to build a volcano....write a small book.....make a poster board....make up for questions that she wants answered while learning about volcanoes....UGH what happened to the 3rd grade reports we had to do? You know...write a report copied out of the encyclopedia.... And one model or diagram.... She doesn't need to be a genius on volcanoes...she doesn't need to be a genius at anything, but being a kid.... I wouldn't be bitchin about all of this if I hadn't talked to a few other 3rd grade mom's who say the same say me. It's just too much for a 3rd grader especially when they aren't given a decent amount of time. Especially with all the reading they have to do. UGH!!!! I am sooo glad that as of 1pm today she will be done. And I won't have another 3rd grader for awhile.... One mom even told me that some mothers store these projects for their next kid...hahaha I wish I could do that...haha But I won't because it's not fair to the kid to not pick out what they want to do their project on. Anyway, vent over.

0 comments: